Wednesday's Child

Friday, February 16, 2007

A long overdue update

Here's some stuff that I've been working on this year. First up is a pair of Opal Socks worked in a 3x1 rib. I'm pretty sure I used 2.5 mm needles, but who knows. Next up is the cabled grey sweater. It's out of Cascade 220, 100% Peruvian Highland Wool in Colour 7806 on 4.5 mm needles. I've been working on it off and on since the fall, but kept forgetting to post a pic here. I'm hoping to finish it soon and restore my faith in myself that I can finish a sweater that fits me. And, of course, I need to have a sock on the needles at all times. I picked up this Lana Grossa at Tangles Skeins a few weeks ago. I started working on this pattern. But it became apparent shortly that I like to work on socks when I don't feel like counting. So, I frogged it and started again in my olb standby, the 3x1 rib on 2.25 mm needles. Here's a closeup:

5 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Love love love the offset cable. It's awesome.

12:47 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the sweater - the offset cable is fab (I'm crazy for offset lately).

8:47 a.m.  
Blogger lulubelle said...

That sweater is lovely. And those socks look familiar...that's opal Rodeo right? I can't remember the number, but I think I have the same colourway.
Nice to see you blogging again!

1:07 p.m.  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

I like the colours of the sock in progress. I haven't tried the Lana Grossa sock yarn yet - is it nice to knit with? Once I pare down my sock yarn stash a bit I will have to give it a try.

4:16 p.m.  
Blogger Cate said...

I love cabled sweaters... that one's going to be really nice when it's done too!

10:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home