Wednesday's Child

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hi All!

I've been in a bit of a knitting funk lately. The weather is getting to nice to be knitting wool sweaters and I needed a break from socks. So, I stopped in at The Loop on my way home from work on Tuesday to look for some inspiration. And this is what I found:


It's 8 skeins of Cascade Sierra Quattro Colour 80. It's 80% Pima Cotton and 20 % Wool. I love it! It's much cooler than working with wool. I started my first ever top-down raglan*. I looked over a few patterns online, but due to sizing issues with other sweater patterns (*cough* blaze *cough*), I decided to just measure my best fitting raglan sweater and write a pattern up based on that. Here it is so far:

I'm making a v-neck so it will be a while before I join the two sides. At that point I'm going to have to decide if I want to make a pullover or a cardigan. I also haven't decided the sleeve length yet either. I'm thinking full length if I go with a cardigan and short or 3/4 length if I go with a pullover. We'll see. I have a ways to go before I need to decide and I'm open to suggestions.
I looked over a bunch of types of increases and decided to go with the KLL and KRL found here . Here's a closeup of the raglan increases:

And, just for fun, here's a pic of Felix and his freakishly long tongue:

*I've made raglan sweaters bottom-up before, but thought I'd try going the other way.

7 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I love Felix! I just got back from the vet office and they had 14 kittens! The cuteness was unbearable!

6:11 p.m.  
Blogger lulubelle said...

Holy crap you blogged!!

I like cardigans myself, but that's just where my comfort is.

Cutie pie kitty!

6:54 p.m.  
Blogger Steph said...

Yay - end of the knit-funk! I love the new sweater - what a great colour for summer.

Felix looks like he's watching tv over your shoulder. Men - they've got such short attention spans.

7:33 p.m.  
Blogger Alison said...

That's a very, very pretty increase. I always just did a yarn over, and then knit it through the back on the next row. Next top-down I do I'll try that increase.

9:15 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief, that is a cute tongue. Not to mention his eyes!

Top down is fun. Well, until you hit the never ending stockinette in the round. That's where I am with Glee (Zephyr Knits) right now.

9:54 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a handsome boy. That pic needs to be made into a lolcat I think.

That yarn so much nicer knit up than in the skein. Just a warning about top down raglans. Watch the arm sizing. A lot of people (me included) find that you can end up with sleeves that are too damn small.

8:57 a.m.  
Blogger jkleclerc said...

That is a nice looking increase method, I walmost wish I had read this before starting the sweater from fitted knits this morning, oh well, there's always next time.

And yay for silly cat pictures!

8:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home