Wednesday's Child

Thursday, August 09, 2007

A whole lot of Harlot

As you may have already heard, the Yarn Harlot was in town on Tuesday. On the weekend, I heard that they would be collecting hats for a local homeless shelter. I wasn't sure if I had time to get one finished, but I decided to cast one on and try to get it finished. Late Monday night, I was getting close to finished, but wasn't there yet.


Felix was feeling generous and decided to "help' me out. He loves to knit.




A little while later, it was done and I was ready to go see the Yarn Harlot.





I got there nice and early so that I would have time to change in to my lovely KOL shirt and be able to get a good seat. I wasn't the only one who showed up early- look at the line-up.



A short while later, some hotel staff with looks of disbelief upon their faces let us into the room. And then...............


Ms. Stephanie Pearl- McPhee arrived. Her speech was incredibly entertaining. It's no easy task to keep the attention of a room full of people, but she did it with grace. And she was so funny at times that I had to stop knitting.


Here's a photo of some of the KOLers waiting around after the speech to get stuff signed.


After all the books were signed, a group of us, Ms. Harlot, and Master & Commander of the Tall Ship Silva headed over to the Victory Arms for a drink.

Much gabbing knitting and laughing ensued. Hey- that's what KOLers are good at! A good time was had by all (especially Henry).

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Bout time you updated! The Harlot linked to my blog in her Halifax post!!!!! Your picture will be seen by knitters around the world! Oh crap, that means they'll be looking at blurry pictures of me as well!

10:52 p.m.  
Blogger Steph said...

Love the photos of you in the hat! Henry is honoured to be on your blog - though he says he doesn't remember that drink and wants to know if anyone kept track.

9:07 a.m.  
Blogger Alison said...

Jess,I was, but it played into the story so well!

Steph, tell Henry that drink was non-alcoholic, so he has no excuse for not remembering!

12:02 p.m.  
Blogger Alison said...

I like ravelry so far, but not sure when I'm going to have time to get all my stuff into it, especially since I don't have very many pics on flickr yet either!

2:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice recap! Felix, good kitty!

11:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, could I have a copy the picture at the pub? I'd like to use it on my blog maybe, or just scrapbook it as proof that I was really there. The back of my head was there anyway.

It was so great meeting all of you! I wish I could knit/gab/laugh with you every week!

email: genealogybuff(at)rogers(dot)com

11:05 p.m.  
Blogger jlmack said...

Those pictures are great! I wish I could have been there.

I just noticed that I don't have you linked on my blog. I'm going to fix that right now.

9:17 p.m.  
Blogger motherbumper said...

Is it legal to drink and knit - isn't that dangerous?

10:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home